“Germany will not join France, the United States and Russia in conducting air strikes in Syria but it wants to send Tornado reconnaissance jets, refueling aircraft and up to 1,200 soldiers to the region. It is also expected to send a frigate to protect a French aircraft carrier.”-Euronews
“There won’t be a future with Assad and there won’t be a cooperation with troops under the command of Assad.”-German Defense Sec.
Now Germany wants to get involved. This could all be resolved if Western powers allied with Russia and Assad, then made it priority to clean up extremists like ISIS, al-Nusra. Then have an election or something. Assad was democratically elected in the first place, and he’s been killing terrorists that are bombing his cities. Yet he is the criminal because of a staged gas attack on his citizens. Every day Islamist extremists bomb and kill people in Syria, but Assad is still the bad guy because of something he “allegedly” did 4 years ago.
What if Black Lives Matter started an insurgency in the US and suddenly Russia decided they (BLM) are “moderate opposition” and Russia begins bombing US cities and giving out free AK74’s in support for Black Lives Matter. Obama tries to fight BLM and when he does he is accused of war crimes and other false, unproven allegations. This is Syria, and it’s madness. Somehow we are under the false impression that once Assad is gone, and the Syria army is obliterated everything will be fine and Syria will return to prosperity. If you look at the chart above with the factions at play you will notice Assad is one piece of the puzzle.
What happens when Assad is gone and the West gets their way? Well, what happened when Saddam was gone? Radical Islam filled the power vacuum and gave birth to ISIS. What happened after Gaddafi was murdered in the streets? We don’t know yet, people are fleeing the country to Europe, while two radical factions are still fighting over the left over carcass that is Libyan Government. Syria will be no different, assuming the West is successful. But I would never bet against Western powers, they haven’t lost since Vietnam.
I think the pictures tell enough of the story. I found a congress critter (D-Hawaii) that I might be in love with, her 8 minute interview with the clown Wolf Blitzer below. She has submitted legislation to Congress that would stop our involvement in the Syrian conflict, here’s her 10 reasons.
Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard said, “Here are 10 reasons the U.S. must end its war to overthrow the Syrian government of Assad:
1. Because if we succeed in overthrowing the Syrian government of Assad, it will open the door for ISIS, al-Qaeda, and other Islamic extremists to take over all of Syria. There will be genocide and suffering on a scale beyond our imagination. These Islamic extremists will take over all the weaponry, infrastructure, and military hardware of the Syrian army and be more dangerous than ever before.
2. Because overthrowing the Syrian government of Assad is the goal of ISIS, al-Qaeda, and other Islamic extremist groups. We should not be allying ourselves with these Islamic extremists by helping them achieve their goal because it is against the security interests of the United States and all of civilization.
3. Because the money and weapons the CIA is providing to overthrow the Syrian government of Assad are going directly or indirectly into the hands of the Islamic extremist groups, including al-Qaeda affiliates, al-Nusra, Ahrar al-Sham, and others who are the actual enemies of the United States. These groups make up close to 90 percent of the so-called opposition forces, and are the most dominant fighters on the ground.
4. Because our efforts to overthrow Assad have increased and will continue to increase the strength of ISIS and other Islamic extremists, thus making them a bigger regional and global threat.
5. Because this war has exacerbated the chaos and carnage in Syria and, along with the terror inflicted by ISIS and other Islamic extremist groups fighting to take over Syria, continues to increase the number of Syrians forced to flee their country.
6. Because we should learn from our past mistakes in Iraq and Libya that U.S. wars to overthrow secular dictators (Saddam Hussein and Muammar Gaddafi) cause even more chaos and human suffering and open the door for Islamic extremists to take over in those countries.
7. Because the U.S. has no credible government or government leader ready to bring order, security, and freedom to the people of Syria.
8. Because even the ‘best case’ scenario—that the U.S. successfully overthrows the Syrian government of Assad—would obligate the United States to spend trillions of dollars and the lives of American service members in the futile effort to create a new Syria. This is what we have been trying to do in Iraq for twelve years, and we still have not succeeded. The situation in Syria will be much more difficult than in Iraq.
9. Because our war against the Syrian government of Assad is interfering with our being one-pointedly focused on the war to defeat ISIS, al-Qaeda, and the other Islamic extremists who are our actual enemy.
10. Because our war to overthrow the Assad government puts us in direct conflict with Russia and increases the likelihood of war between the United States and Russia and the possibility of another world war.”
Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard said, “To destroy ISIS will take international alliances. If we are serious about defeating ISIS and solving the refugee problem, we’ll work in partnership with Russia, France, and anyone else who is serious about destroying ISIS and affiliated Islamic extremist organizations worldwide.
“The problem is, because the U.S. is trying to overthrow the Syrian government of Assad and Russia is supporting the government of Assad, it is impossible for us to have an effective, cooperative relationship with Russia in our mutual fight against ISIS. Our focus on overthrowing Assad is interfering with our ability to destroy ISIS.”
“We must immediately end the illegal, counter-productive war to overthrow the Syrian government of Assad and ally ourselves with any countries willing to focus on destroying the Islamic extremists who pose a genuine threat to civilization,”Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard concluded.