About the new 2,200 page spending bill released at night and will be put to a vote on Friday, less than 24 hours later. I hope congress people read fast because at 2,200 pages with 24 hours, who knows what is inside it.
The general theme of it is more spending and less taxes (how does that work), more immigration VWP, H1-B, H2-B, Refugee Visas, more money for illegal immigrants and their programs, and more online surveillance (yet another loss of privacy and with it liberty).
Dear Representative Westmoreland,
I write you today to ask for your ‘nay’ vote against the new $1.8 trillion spending Omnibus. At a price tag of $1.8 trillion I have to ask the obvious question, do you have any intention to pay down the national debt? Are Republicans really the party of small and limited government?
My concerns with the bill are as follows:
- It encourages and rewards non-citizens who broke American laws by funding Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program.
- It triples the number of H2-B visa available to foreign workers. (Please reform the often abused H1-B visa as well)
- It funds all refugee acceptance programs without providing increased security screening.
- It provides federal funds to cities who refuse to uphold US law in, “Sanctuary Cities” where local governments refuse to prosecute Federal law violations.
- It funds illegal alien resettlement’s with the Refugee and Entrant Assistance Fund.
- It supplies tax credits to illegal aliens.
- It includes CISA, the cyber-security bill that has already been voted down 3 times, is acknowledged by industry experts as ineffective, and can only be seen as a grab for more executive power masked in secrecy.
- It removes spending caps put in place by the previous congress.
This bill will cost $1.8 trillion, change our immigration problems for the worse, it will reward lawbreakers, rob citizens who obey the law of opportunities, and give yet more power to the executive branch that you as a congressman have the duty to keep in check. I implore you to vote NO on this new spending Omnibus.